Bowling game has one of the richest and longest histories of all sports. If you love playing this game, you are not alone in the game! According to TBF (The Blowing Foundation), more than 25% of Americans bowl yearly, making it one of the largest participation sport.
Today, we have approximately 3000 bowling centers near me in the US. Besides, being a competitive and fun game, it also offers a number of health benefits as seen below.
Health Benefits Of Bowling
- Weight Loss: Bowling game helps in slimming down by speeding your metabolism. Even though bowling game is restricted within a small area, your constant movement when playing helps in burning excess fat. You are working out your legs while walking, and working out the rest of the body while lifting and swinging the ball down the lane. Depending on your weight, and the amount of effort you place into the bowling game, it can burn between 170 and 300 calories per game.
- Reduce risks of diseases: An inactive lifestyle is one of the key risk factors causing heart disease. Workouts including bowling, reduces the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and diabetes. Bowling game increases bone density, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels, helps your body consume oxygen better, and improves circulation. Try bowling once or more weekly for optimum benefits.
- Improves social life: According to TBF (The Bowling Foundation), Nearly 2 million bowlers bowl and socialize together weekly in leagues within America. Bowling teams and leagues allow enables you meet your fellow players and get a chance to spend time with your old friends. Getting companionship through bowling teams and leagues can ease loneliness, reducing depression and stress.
- Muscle strengthening and toning: Bowling game helps promote lower body muscle workout, since you perform a lot of walking exercise with the additional bowling ball weight in your hands. In addition, when swinging your arms as you throw the ball, the flexing and stretching provides enough workouts for the muscles, joints, ligaments, and tendons in your arms.
- Stress relief: By participating in the physical activity, bowling game allows you to relieve daily stress setting you stress free. Socializing with people while bowling also helps in relieving mental stress.
- You can enjoy bowling at any age: Bowling game is one of the few games that allow people to compete at any age. The can be enjoyed by anyone irrespective of age and gender. There is also very minimal risks of injury, making it a popular game for the old. Most blowing alleys near you can accommodate the blind and those in wheel chair.
- Healthy heart: Friendships and relationships built during bowling helps in better heart muscles performance. In addition, the adrenaline felt during the game also increases the heart rate, thus promoting healthy heart.
- Easy to learn: Bowling encourages easy adjustment methods, making it likable by most adults and children. Bowling can be played for relaxation, socially, competitively, and recreation. The simplicity of bowling game makes it people’s favorite sport globally.
- Hand-eye coordination: Throwing the ball and hitting the pins needs great amount of eye-hand co-ordination. This high level focus stimulates mental concentration, alertness, and tactical strategy, making bowling game the perfect game for the young to sharpen hand-eye coordination and motor skills.
- Fun for the entire family: A big contributing factor to simplicity of bowling game is the enormous adaptability it offers. The game rules are easy to learn and understand. Most participants enjoy this game not because of the competition that comes with the game, but for of the fun they have while playing it with friends and family.
How To Find Bowling Alley Near Me
We recommend Google Search, Google Maps and Yelp to help you find the best bowling alley near you. In this great piece, we have selected the best cheap bowling centers within US to guide you through in finding bowling deals near you. Here is a list of our updated recommendations of 5 most popular bowling centers within US:
1. Mission Bowling Club: There are six lanes only here, making this bowling club more exclusive, giving you the excuse to be all.
2. Bowl and Barrel (B&B): Located in Dallas, this is 15-lane upscale ode to booze, brick laden, bowling that prides itself for serving up steins.
3. Vintage bowling center: This is your Cosmic Bowling experience near you. It has disco lights, runway lights, black lights, and laser lights. The bowling lanes here even glow in dark during the cyber bowling events.
4. The White House Lanes bowling center: The history of White House bowling dates back to 1947, when 2-lane bowling alley was installed as a birth day gift to the then president Truman.
5. Brunswick’s: Located in Atlanta, this bowling center has chicken waffles, craft beer flights, and bacon sundaes. It also has beer cocktails like moonshiner, apricot brandy and bluemoon.
Other bowling places includes:
- Brooklyn Bowl (New York)
- Punch Bowl Social (Denver)
- Lucky Strike (Miami)
- Flatbread Co. at Sacco’s Bowl Haven (Boston)
- North Bowl (Philadelphia)